Forward

I am an Englishman and this tractor rubbish is written from that perspective. However, I am the first to accept that much of the background to this text has strong US influences and that my inspiration comes as much from driving around Ohio and it's surrounding states as from my more familiar surroundings in the UK.

This work contains no previously unpublished data; it simply sets out to highlight the basic origins of a modern tractor and to focus on how it came about. I am grateful to all the authors that I have read and for their histories of tractors and tractor men.


If I have reproduced another authors work in text or pictorial form that is objectionable to that author or the holder of that copyright they should contact me at garrattdingleydell@btinternet.com.

Below are listed many of works which have been read prior to compiling this blog and which you are urged to read in turn.

This blog is not intended for commercial reward. Donations may be sent to the following as way of expressing your appreciation. The Fred Dibnah Memorial Fund., by simply visiting any branch of Lloyds TSB and mention the fund at the Bolton Branch (Hotel Street, sort code 30-91-01)


BOOKS
Harry Ferguson and Henry Ford By John B. Rae
Harry Ferguson Inventor and Pioneer By Colin Fraser
Henry Ford’s Tractors By Michael Williams
The Peoples Tycoon By Steven Watts

4 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    I have really enjoyed reading through your blog. I think you have some quality content here and certainly an unusual and a very interesting subject. I like it and I do hope you will carry on writing.

    I am looking for passionate writers to join our community of bloggers and I was wondering whether you would consider sharing your posts on Glipho and become a member?

    It might be a good idea to give your writing and your blog more exposure while having fun and meeting fellow writers.

    Please check us out at glipho.com and give me a shout at hubert@glipho.com for any questions.

    Best!
    Hubert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information and well written. I came across your blog while doing a little research about an old Fordson tractor I photographed up in New York State. I'm not very knowledgeable about the various makes and models, but I do love these old iron mules whenever I spot one in my back road adventures.
    http://gary-heller.artistwebsites.com/featured/fordson-tractor-old-iron-americana-gary-heller.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since agriculture cultivation equipment is considered a help for consumer durables, the manage to pay for plus looks at the price. The massey ferguson suppliers American and European markets are vibes alive and are not utterly price sore. The market capturing depends something gone the setting of the product. There are subsidiary Agriculture machineries and tools suppliers later Case, Murray and Snapper. These manufacturers are definitely popular in the,Most of the suppliers are delightful once the air and production range they have. http://www.haniffarm.com

    ReplyDelete